Listen to the Podcast
Body Intelligence: Change Your Body, Change Your Mind, #66
In today’s podcast episode, we explore the inner world of movement and unconscious intentions in your body. How does that show up? Explore the relationship of what is going on in your body and what is going on in your mind. Katie Hendricks talks body intelligence with us. Cutting edge information you’ll want to know more about.
“The way to change your mind, is to change your body.” – Katie Hendricks
What is body intelligence?
Body Intelligence is opening up to this vast interspace that we have in our bodies that is just as vast as the consciousness in our minds.
We now know that our consciousness doesn’t just exist in our mind. We have a gut brain as well. An intuition. We are all oriented from the outside in. We want approval from others on how we look and how we act, and how others see us. The messages that come from the outside.
But we rarely pay attention to the messages we are getting from the inside.
Explore your inner yes and your inner no. This comes from your body. This is your feeling flow and your intuition. The intuition comes from your body, not from your mind.
If you change your posture, it has more power than a whole lot of prescription drugs. Body intelligence allows you to be more in touch with yourself.
Your body intelligence thrives when you are able to give it non-judgmental attention.
What are the first steps you’re teaching people to get in touch with their body intelligence?
- Go ahead and notice something going on in your body right now.
- Then she’ll notice to how they react to that.
- And the key move is to bring the awareness inside our body, rather than looking at ourselves from the outside in.
- Look at the shape of it, its texture, its color…from the inside.
- Then she’ll have their hands paint or sculpt, match their inner sensation.
Or she’ll have them notice their breathing. If they’re in any kind of distress it’s going to change the flow of movement and the flow of breathing. This happens in relationships when there’s conflict.
4 Fear Melters
When we’re in fear: flee, freeze, flight or faint, we are not able to be present in life. We’re more reactive out of a fear state, where we consider others our enemies, including our bodies. We don’t want our body to feel out of control and embarrass us.
Katie teaches us to be more in touch with ourselves to jump start our alignment so we get out of our cage.
About Katie Hendricks:
Kathlyn Hendricks, Ph.D., BC-DMT*, is an evolutionary catalyst and freelance mentor who has been a pioneer in the field of body intelligence and conscious loving for over forty years. Katie has an international reputation as a presenter and seminar leader, bodifying the core skills of conscious living–authenticity, response-ability and appreciation–with conscious enthusiasts from many fields. She is the co-author of twelve books, including the best-selling Conscious Loving, At The Speed of Life and Conscious Loving Ever After: How to Create Thriving Relationship at Midlife and Beyond. Katie has been a successful entrepreneur for over forty years. She specializes in turning concepts such as commitment into felt experience and igniting new actions that emerge from the inside out. Her unique coaching and leadership programs have generated hundreds of body intelligence and relationship coaches in the U.S. and Europe. She co-founded the Spiritual Cinema Circle and the virtual Body Intelligence Summit. Katie has appeared on over 500 radio and television programs and traveled well over one million air miles as the ambassador for the work that she and her husband Gay Hendricks have developed. Kathlyn earned a Ph.D. in Transpersonal Psychology and has been a Board Certified-Dance/Movement Therapist of the American Dance Therapy Association since 1975.
Links and Resources
- To learn more body intelligence and Katie’s work, visit www.hendricks.com– Click on Body to start diving into your body intelligence.
- www.foundationforconsciousliving.com – Lots of resources to start opening up to your body wisdom and intuition.
- Recommended Book: At The Speed Of Life: A New Approach To Personal Change Through Body-Centered Therapy
- If you missed it, listen in on our last podcast episode: Shrinking Your Waist Forever with HumanOS and Dan Pardi
- Follow our 66 Day Meditation Challenge on our private FSL Modern Community on FB.