Listen to the Podcast
Looking Back on 2016, #41
Download the podcast on iTunes, you can rate and review it here! Download the podcast on Stitcher
Thank you for spending time with us every week. Thank you for your eagerness to want to learn something every week with us.
If you’re just joining us recently….WELCOME!
We have planned a stellar 2017 lineup of guests for the podcast, with authors, experts, thought leaders, scientists and more!
Reflecting on 2016
We strive to bring cutting edge information to our listeners, to help reinforce what you’re reading and hearing about. Cutting through the clutter of what the media is printing and throwing at us. Providing you with the right information you need to make sound decisions for you, your family and your community.
Let’s do a recap of the great interview guests we had in 2016:
- Today’s Choices Will Help You Keep Your Brain Young and Healthy with Neurologist Andrew Hill– Dr. Andrew Hill talks about the effects of sleep. Sleep is an area where just the smallest change can have the biggest impact. And he provides us with a great sleep hack to help us wake up, get energized in the morning, and reduce jet lag!
- The Four Pillars of Weightloss with Jason Seib- it’s amazing the effect stress has on our waistline. This 4 part series is a must-listen if you’re trying to lose weight, and with the new year just around the corner, a great place to start the New Year.
- A Cure for Alzheimer’s?? Max Lugavere Shares Cutting Edge Research from Around the World– Max is filming a documentary about Alzheimer’s and Dementia, and some of the things we can do to prevent these diseases or slow down the deterioration.
- Effortless Weightloss with Hypnotherapist Rena Greenberg– we explored the mind with Rena, and she talks about how she’s helping people lose weight with hypnotherapy bypass surgery and no use of knives.
- Quiet Your Mean Girl Voice with Sarah Doyle– because it’s the voices inside our own head that are sabotaging our very own goals and dreams. She teaches us to stand up and be loving to ourselves.
- The ONE Thing with Jay Papasan– Jay talks to us about find and focusing on our ONE thing to find our purpose and maximize our life. This can be applied to anything: to weight, career, family, every party of our life.
- Weightlifting for Women with Menno Henselmans– our most popular episode! He provides science based evidence of what works for us women vs. men and how we absolutely have nothing to worry about if we think we’re going to look bulky by lifting weights.
- Cheers to Skinny Gut with Brenda Watson– Brenda talks to us about the connection between gut microbiome and our health and waistlines.
- Is There Really a Way to End all Disease? Even Cancer? Gettin’ Real About Methylation– Dr. Kara Fitzgerald explains what methylation is and how we can take steps to naturally change the course of our health and defy our genes.
- Is There a Cure for Autism?– Dr. William Walsh shares how and what we can do today to positively impact autism and mental health.
Revisit some of our old podcasts as there are loads of information in each and every one of them.
As human beings, we all need something different to improve our lives. Different things work for different people, and what works for our each individual lifestyle.
But we are absolutely seeing more of is eating more vegetables, eliminating refined carbohydrates as much as possible, eating plenty of good fats, quality meats and protein control. Not only for the benefit of our waistlines, but for our brains and every other part and function of our body.
We also talked a lot about sugar on the podcast. Check out this great article regarding sugar.
New Name for 2017
In 2017, we are changing our name from Food, Sex & Life for the Modern Woman to Food, Success & Life for the Modern Woman, in order to incorporate what you, our listeners, want to learn and hear about.
Call to action for 2017: Be you!
Who are you? Celebrate your 2016 successes, but also your 2016 failures. As it’s failures that offer us the biggest learning opportunity.
Shoot us an email or PM us on Facebook to let us know what you want to learn about, what guests you’re interested in having on the show.
And choose your ONE THING for 2017. What is the ONE THING you can do in 2017, such that by doing it, everything else will be easier or unnecessary? Just focus on the one thing, asking yourself the same question every morning. That’s what will get you to your goal.
15 Day Fat Loss Kick Start Ebook
Download your FREE copy here!!