Listen to the Podcast
Mindset Makeover in Katie Dalebout’s Wellness Wonderland, Episode 006
Download the podcast on iTunes, you can rate and review it here! Download the podcast on Stitcher
Katie shares with us her personal story of how she got started on her health and wellness journey. She takes us to her lowest point and how she has transformed her life into a wellness wonderland. It hasn’t been just about physical wellness, but also about spirituality, meditation, relationships and creativity. Making her life, not just her body, her masterpiece.
Katie is a huge proponent of journaling. It’s comforting, non-judgmental, takes you out of your head. She’s such a fan that’s she’s created a book about it. A great tool to help you discover yourself and get un-stuck: Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling. Packed with journaling exercises, prompts, and techniques that can be done anywhere and in any order, this interactive guidebook offers you a new way to navigate your daily life, cope with stress, and create exciting, permanent change. Divided into seven sections covering everything from clearing clutter to finding presence to cultivating abundance to moving beyond fear.
“Getting in touch with your creativity helps you find your worth outside of your physicality”- Katie Dalebout
Through her writing, podcasts, videos, and courses, millennial blogger, speaker, and podcast host Katie Dalebout curates inspired wisdom that guides people to go deep and sift through the thoughts clouding their minds. She’s a contributor to Refinery29, Mind Body Green, and her work has been featured in Teen Vogue, Yahoo Health, and The Daily Mail. In 2013 she launched the weekly interview podcast WWRadio, which attracted wellness and lifestyle celebrities such as Gabrielle Bernstein, Tara Stiles, and Joe Cross in its first few episodes. She helps people develop a positive image of their bodies by embracing their creativity and personality outside of their physicality. She’s on a mission to share journaling tools that invoke deeper authenticity and self awareness.
Get her free Quick Start Guide here. If you’d like more inspiration from Katie visit her in Wonderland or on her Instagram ,Facebook ,Twitter, and YouTube.
Katie’s 3 Habits to Help Her Well-Being:
- Be gentle to yourself. Don’t judge yourself.
- Get in touch with your creativity: journal, get a new hobby, play an instrument (Katie recently took up the ukulele! )
- Find community and support. Talk about your feelings.
Katie’s Morning Routine:
- Fluid movement, for mind clarity: yoga, barre
- Listen to a podcast or something inspiring
- Breakfast, tea
- Journal, write about feelings
- Doesn’t check email until she’s done something productive or creative
- At the end of the day, write a to-do for the next day
Katie’s Favorite Music:
- To get pumped up:
- Anything Taylor Swift
- Michael Jackson Bad
- Michael Jackson Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough
- Third Eye Blind Semi-Charmed Life
- To soothe:
- Anything by Beirut, although she said it’s not super chill.
- Anything by Jose Gonzalez.
BONUS!! Katie’s Favorite Green Juice:
- lemon, collard greens, kale and celery
Links and Resources
- Visit Katie in her Wellness Wonderland
- Katie’s Wellness Wonderland Podcast
- Get her free Quick Start Guide here.
- If you’d like more inspiration from Katie visit on her Instagram ,Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Katie’s book, Let It Out: A Journey Through Journaling available NOW!!.
- Recommended book: Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- Digital resource: SelfControl App on your computer. Helps you be productive by creating a blacklist of websites you cannot access for a pre-determined period of time, so you can focus on getting stuff done.
- Self-Control App also available for your phone.
- Shrink Session: a workout that combines cardio dance, yoga, kickboxing, life coaching and inspiring affirmations.