Listen to the Podcast
Beautiful Brain?!!??! Today’s Choices Will Help Keep Your Brain Young and Healthy with Neurologist Andrew Hill of Tru Brain and Peak Performance, Episode 002
Download the podcast on iTunes, you can rate and review it here! Download the podcast on Stitcher
Dr. Andrew Hill talks to us about healthy brain aging and performance. He takes us through modifiable behaviors: things we can do in our 20s and 30s to affect the trajectories of brain health. Not simply the performance of the brain at age 80, but the trajectory of getting to 80:
- Regulate diet.
- Keep stress managed.
- Manage sleep long term (one of the most impactful, modifiable behaviors)
“The chronically sleep deprived brains tend to look like a head injury brain or a depressed brain.”
Tune in to get Dr. Hill’s easily accessible, simple, yet powerful SLEEP HACK to quickly re-regulate sleep, offsetting all-nighters and jet-lag, and great for putting things back on track.
Dr. Hill’s Bio
Dr. Hill holds a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience from UCLA’s department of Psychology and continues to do research on attention and cognitive performance. He is the Lead Neuroscientist for truBrain, lectures at UCLA, teaching courses in psychology, neuroscience, and gerontology, and has recently opened a peak brain performance center in Los Angeles named the Peak Brain Institute.
Dr. Hill’s 3 Habits to Ensure Brain Health
- Meditation and mindfulness. Practice 20 minutes of meditation every morning.
- Activity: move slowly, often.
- Keep the brain active. Always learning a new instrument, or learning to play the same instrument with the opposite hand to tap into the different sides of the brain.
Dr. Hill’s Favorite Music
- Yoga music, video> 3 hours of yoga meditation music
- To chill out: video> Chamber Music by Ballake Sissoko and Vincent Segal
Links and Resources
- Recommended book of poetry, The Gift by Daniel Ladinsky.
- Digital resource: meditation app Insight Timer.
- Music: Chamber Music by Ballake Sissoko and Vincent Segal
- Twitter @AndrewHillPhD for questions and to share brain health stories or curiosities.
- Trubrain.com for consumer products.
- PeakBrainLA.com to work with Dr. Hill directly one on one.