Listen to the Podcast
Quiet Your Mean Girl Voice with Sarah Doyle, #37
This week’s episode is all about building up our confidence, quieting our own mean girl voices and learning to love ourselves once and for all! Sarah Doyle takes us through her journey, one of limiting beliefs, that lacked self love and confidence and how she built herself up to helping thousands of ladies across the globe build Unstoppable Self Confidence, happiness and success in their lives with The Better Life Project.
Most people think that we’re either confident or not. We can’t talk ourselves out of low confidence. The key to building self confidence is to take more action towards it, to push ourselves into a growth mindset. Most of us also believe that we have a set mindset, that we’re born with what we have and feel we can’t change certain characteristics.
If you’re feeling like you can’t change your confidence, Sarah is challenging us all to take her FREE 7 Day Confidence Plan. If we do everything she recommends in this challenge, we will become more self confident! And who doesn’t want that?! So if you’re ready to tackle that new skill, become stronger, speak in public…let’s take the challenge together!
7 Days to Build Self Confidence Tips
Confidence is often confused with self esteem. Here’s the difference. Confidence is how we feel about our abilities, how we feel about ourselves and our future. Self esteem refers exclusively to how we feel about our worth and our value. When someone says they don’t like themselves, that’s low self esteem. Confidence is better linked to courage.
Great first tip to becoming more confident is to pay attention to the negative talk in our heads. How many times have you not met a goal, snapped at your spouse, made a mistake at work…and you beat yourself up over it? We become so mean to ourselves, say things to ourselves we would never say to a 5 year old little girl if we heard her say those things to herself. This is the first thing we have to change. We need to treat ourselves with far more love and far more compassion than we do. Our self-esteem will be inspired by that dialogue.
- Become aware. Awareness = interruption.
- Target that set of beliefs with a whole new set of beliefs. Use positive self talk, mantras, whatever you want to call it, something to lift your spirits.
- Walk like you’re a Victoria’s Secret model. Head up high, shoulders back, chin up…take up space. Fake it till you make it! No one notices when we’re slouching trying to hide our tummies, or camouflaging the length of our legs…all people see is lack of confidence.
Tips to Reclaim a Positive Body Image
Trade your expectations of what your body should look like and you will appreciate what your body can do for you. If we were all supposed to look a certain way, we would. But we were all made different. Some of us can dance, some of us can bench press, some of us can run a marathon. Thank your body for what it can do for you, and challenge yourself to do something you’ve never done before…a pull up for example. When you do something you never thought you could do, you will be amazed! #exerciseforhappiness
Sarah’s 3 Habits to Ensure Her Self-Confidence:
- Positive affirmations.
- Surround self with positive posters, images and quotes to remind herself of the life she wants to create.
- Say yes to the people she loves the most.
How to Create a Positive Affirmation
Create a new belief you can actually believe and connect with. For example: “I am enough the way that I am.”
Sarah’s Morning Routine
Although she doesn’t think she has one, we believe she does!
- No screens in the morning…no checking email!
- Set an intention for the day
Sarah Doyle Bio:
Sarah Doyle is a life coach, motivational speaker and body positive personal trainer. As the co-founder of The Better Life Project, a movement dedicated to helping you live happy, healthy, positive and confident lives and creator of IamSarahDoyle, a body positive, self esteem and confidence enhancing resource and coaching service for women and with oodles of infectious energy she is super passionate about helping to inspire you make your awesome business and life happen. She’s the “go to” coach for anyone lacking in confidence or struggling with low self-esteem. Sarah offer life coaching and mentoring services and work with clients in person in Ireland and over Skype around the world. She is excited to work with you to help you find happiness, success and confidence in body and mind. Sarah empowers people to dream big and helps them to back it up with actionable advice that will create results. Results that will lead to a better life. For more information check out thebetterlifeproject.ie and iamsarahdoyle.com
Links and Resources
- Find Sarah Doyle at The Better Life Project | I Am Sarah Doyle | Facebook | Instagram | Email
- 7 Day Confidence Plan Download
- Sarah’s Favorite Music:
- Sarah’s Recommended Book: The How of Happiness: A New Approach to Getting the Life You Want
- Suzanne’s Recommended Digital Source: she believes in disconnecting and doesn’t have one.
- 15-Day Fat Loss Kick-Start Ebook Free Download
- If you missed it, last week’s podcast episode with Suzanne Waldrop was a true inspiration!