Listen to the Podcast
Rejuvenate to Reinvigorate Joy with Dr. Susan Smith Jones, Episode 014
Dr. Susan Smith Jones is a ray of sunshine we all need on a cloudy day. She goes over 10 simple, surefire tips for invigorating body, mind & spirit; using an acronym for the word REJUVENATE for whole-body wellness.
When asked to provide a definition of holistic, this is what she said…the body reflects the mind and the mind reflects the spirit. You can’t separate the three, they always work as one. Don’t you just love that? When you get ample sleep you get more optimistic. When you’re depressed, your food choices also reflect your poorly lit thoughts. So you can’t separate those.
“Take loving care of your miraculous body. Because how you care for your body reveals your inner sense of self worth.”
10 TIPS TO INVIGORATE BODY, MIND & SPIRIT
- Revitalize and Refresh
- Exercise for Vitality
- Join the Breakfast Club
- Utilize Nature’s Best SuperFood & SuperNutrients
- Visualize Your Day Ahead
- Eat More Fruits & Veggies & Stay Hydrated with the Best Water
- Nourish Your Body & Lose Weight with Ample Sleep
- Adjust Your Attitude & Say Goodbye to Procrastination
- Take Time to Meditate & Breath Deeply
- Enjoy Daily Laughter & Tickle Your Funny Bone
Download the podcast episode to listen to her go in to detail on each tip. She offers so much information, you’ll want to listen to it over and over again. Tips from boosting the immune system, getting better sleep, meditating, having an attitude of gratitude and even getting skin to look 5 years younger.
Dr. Susan Smith Jones’ Healthy Green Smoothie:
- Nut milk, fresh berries, green mixture, flax or chia seeds, cinnamon, frozen bananas to sweeten, teaspoon of spirulina.
Dr. Susan Smith Jones’ Practical Sleep Tip:
- Press your right thumb on your right nostril. Breath through left nostril for 3 to 5 minutes slowly and easily. You will fall asleep easily.
Dr. Susan Smith Jones’ Morning Routine
- Sing in the mirror Oh What a Beautiful Morning
- Alkaline water with ginger and turmeric and a lemon shot. To read detailed info on how alkaline water heals your body from head to toe, inside out, please CLICK HERE.
Dr. Susan Smith Jones’ Bio:
For a woman with three of America’s most ordinary names, Dr. Susan Smith Jones has certainly made extraordinary contributions in the fields of holistic health, anti-aging, optimum nutrition and balanced living. For starters, she taught students, staff and faculty at UCLA how to be healthy and fit for 30 years! Susan is the founder and president of Health Unlimited, a Los Angeles-based consulting firm dedicated to optimal wellness, health education and human potential. Susan travels internationally as a frequent radio and TV talk show guest and motivational speaker; she’s also the author of over 25 books, including Healthy, Happy & Radiant…at Any Age, The Curative Kitchen & Lifestyle, Living on the Lighter Side, The Joy Factor, and Walking on Air: Your 30 Day Inside and Out Rejuvenation Makeover, which are all available at SusanSmithJones.com.
Dr. Susan Smith Jones’ Favorite Music For:
- She sings in the mirror every morning: Oh What a Beautiful Morning, Oklahoma Musical
- For motivation:
- To sooth: Happy, Pharrell
Links and Resources
- Dr. Susan Smith Jones’ website www.susansmithjones.com and monthly newsletter.
- Dr. Jones’ favorite digital resource: FREE ebook Concious Cuisine, includes delicious, nutritious recipes with positive affirmations.
- Recommended books:
- Nature’s best superfood: Pure Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica 3,000 mg., 360 Tablets,
- Spirulina is the perfect energy food for people of all ages and lifestyles who want a whole food source of vitamins and other nutrients.
- Spirulina is 60% complete, easily digested protein, containing all the essential and many other amino acids.
- Spirulina contains more beta carotene than any other whole food, and natural beta carotene is 10 times more easily assimilated by the body than synthetic beta carotene.
- Spirulina and mother’s milk are the only whole food sources of GLA (Gamma Linolenic Acid).
- Spirulina is rich in B vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
- Spirulina is rich in phycocyanin, glycolipids, sulfolipids, RNA, DNA, and many other potentially important nutrients.
- Over 200 scientific studies and clinical trials indicate health benefits associated with the use of Spirulina.
- Most powerful antioxidant: BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin can:
- Help reduce aches and pains from arthritis, joint soreness, and tendonitis.
- Control deadly “silent inflammation,” a cause of heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and many other life threatening diseases.
- Give energy, increase strength, and improve endurance.
- Work as an “internal sunscreen” and improve the skin as an “internal beauty supplement.”
- Improve the body’s immune system.
- Protect the eyes and brain from damaging free radicals and oxidation.
- Support cardiovascular health and normal cholesterol levels.
- To learn more about spirulina and astaxanthin click here.
- Gratitude Journal to start your gratitude journey.