Listen to the Podcast
Sexy Hormones and Melissa Ramos, Episode 003
In this episode, Melissa takes us through what it takes to be a real Super Woman: honoring time for self-care. So we can serve ourselves, and then others.
Melissa goes over the symptoms we should look for to determine if our hormones are out of wack:
- PMS symptoms
- heavy bleeding
- heavy cramping
- Low libido
- Quality of hair. Thinning?
- Unexplained stubborn weight.
Does this sound like you? Listen in for some useful tips on how to start getting your hormones in balance.
She talks to us about her new Sexy Lady Balls program developed for women with PCOS, ovarian cysts, fibroids, perimenopause, menopause and even women with Hashimoto’s are joining the program. AND, she’s giving FSLer’s a coupon code for a lifetime discount on her monthly membership! Use CODE sexyladyballs47 at checkout to join this amazing sisterhood of support. Standard monthly membership is $77/month, with our special coupon code, FSLer’s receive the monthly membership for life for only $47/month.
“When you’re feeling like everything’s falling apart, remember there is HOPE. It takes a hollistic approach.”
As a Nutritionist focusing on Chinese Nutrition Therapy and owner of Sexy Food Therapy Inc., Melissa Ramos’ helps people feel sexy from the inside out with a focus on digestion and hormone imbalances. She is a regular expert on CTV’s The Social, has been a TED speaker and has been named one of Canada’s up-and-coming health and wellness stars by FLARE magazine. Ramos is an official health writer for Huffington Post and has appeared on CBC’s, Steven & Chris, CHUM and Virgin Radio. Her popular “Quickie” newsletter videos provide people with an opportunity to get their weekly fix by offering food, supplement and lifestyle tips in an unconventional but engaging way. Melissa’s passion is infectious and her continual dedication is to inspire, empower and motivate as many women throughout the globe.
Melissa’s 3 Habits for a Healthier Life:
- Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep), great way to take time out and meditate.
- PIYO for workouts. Melissa practices 6 days a week and has seen weight loss and body sculpting.
- Hot latte recipes (in her membership program), all sugar free:
- Energizing hot chocolate
- Golden milk
Melissa’s Favorite Music For:
- Pushing through: video > The Choice Is Yours (You Can Deal With This) by Black Sheep
- Pump you up: video> Electric Feel, MGMT
- To sooth and relax: Adelle 25…the whole album!
Links and Resources
- Melissa’s website sexyfoodtherapy.com
- Sexy Lady Balls program website sexyladyballs.com
- To join her private community group visit sexyfoodtherapycommunity.com
- Recommended books:
- Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones by Suzanne Somers
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar–Your Brain’s Silent Killers by Dr. Perlmutter
- Recommended digital resource, to track steps and sleep: UP2 by Jawbone Activity + Sleep Tracker, Light Grey Hex (Silver), Classic Flat Strap
- For your yogic sleep practice Yoga Nidra Meditation CD: Extreme Relaxation of Conscious Deep Sleep
- PIYO workout Chalene Johnson’s PiYo Hardcore on the Floor DVD Workout
- Black Sheep, A Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing
- Adelle 25
- MGMT, Electric Feel
- Black Sheep, The Choice Is Yours